Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I HEART Bookstores!!

I actually sat down to write about something else (in Barnes and Noble), but was overcome with joy and excitement (LOL) about the vibe up in here! So...my Monday night "thing" is to have some quiet time outside of the home - completely off duty...no wife duty...no mom duty...just ME! This is new since January, and I swear, it has changed me!

Into my second year of marriage with a small child (now 15.5 mos...YAAAY!!) and a musician hub who works a lot of nights, I was starting to feel a little overwhelmed and bogged down with duties. Thankfully, God and my bub agreed that I needed to have this ME time - it's essential to my being.

So...usually, I camp out here in the cafe section of this B&N, with a cup of coffee, a pen and paper, my Bible, several books (ones that I've carried in and often ones off the shelf), and I have me a jolly good time! And tonight, I am really "heart-ing" this place! I had to do a big walk-thru to search for a seat, so I got a good glimpse off the entire setting. Ran into an old friend from high school - Jane Eyre (Charlotte Bronte), glanced over the "for Dummies" section for a good chuckle at the selection, felt my heart rate rise as I passed through the "Christian Inspiration" section (cuz I'm a nerd like that), saw people sprawled out across the floor in their favorite section...and just got hit with this wave of excitement about all of the resources and information that is right here in this one place!!

Am I an information junkie? Kinda, yea. But I lack the structure and discipline to keep up with it - that's one of my problems (LOL - "one of"). I'm workin on it...I guess.

Anyway, I'm here - anonymous in a crowd; somehow finding peace in a relatively noisy environment (one of my favorite places to be), so I'm gonna take this all in and get back to you later. :-)

No comments: