Monday, September 28, 2009

Who Turned on the Waterworks?

I've always been a pretty emotional person ~ it's sort of the cloth I'm cut from. However, I'm not necessarily an openly emotional person. I mean, I have my moments ~ usually the week before my period ~ when my coping mechanisms have seemed to dissipate and nearly everything makes me emotional. Now, here, when I say emotional, I mean angry, sad, easily irritated, full on with tears ~ the whole nine. I always laugh at myself when I recognize what's going on.

But now that I've changed my method of birth control to an IUD (TMI, I know. But no one reads my blogs, so I'm okay. :-)), it's almost like someone has turned on the waterworks! I'm constantly holding back my tears! I never had this issue with other forms of birth control. And I'm just not sure how I feel about it (LOL).

Everything makes me cry! I read an article in a magazine just a few minutes ago. The article was about the joys - and, of course - stresses - of motherhood. I was feelin all like "Aw, I'm not the only one! Someone else feels this all-in-one madness and passion that I feel too!" Yeah! And here come the tears! What - Is - That - About?? TV Shows. Commercials. Books. People. Families. Kids...even if they're just walking down the street. Wow. It's incredible.

But if feels completely uncomfortable! I don't cry out loud! In public. Where people would be around to ask me what's wrong. LOL. That would force me to talk about my feelings! And that, for me, is an entirely different process. LOL.

No comments: